来源：江西中公教师网 时间：2020-10-13 10:58:21
When people say “culture”, we think of art and history. But one very famous symbol in American culture is a cartoon. We all know and love the black mouse with two large round ears—Mickey Mouse. Over 80 years ago, he first appeared in the cartoon Steamboat Willies. When this cartoon came out in New York on November 18, 1928, it was the first cartoon with sound and music. The man behind Mickey was Walt Disney. He became very rich and successful. In the 1930s, he made 87 cartoons with Mickey.
1. 课型：阅读课(Reading Class)
2. Teaching Aims:
Knowledge aim: Students can understand the main idea of this passage and the meaning of some basic words like: cartoon/appear/successful/culture.
Ability aim: Students could retell the story about Walt Disney and can use past tense to express things that happened in the past.
Learning strategy aim: Students could use English in different situations properly and serch for information with the help of different references.
3. Q1: What’s the feature of Mickey Mouse and this cartoon?
Q2: When /who and where was Mickey Mouse created?
Q3: How many cartoons have Walt Disney made?
Do You Know When Basketball Was Invented?
Basketball is a much-loved and active sport that is enjoyed by many for fun and exercise. It is over 100 years old and is played by more than 100 million people in over 200 countries. In China, you can sometimes see people playing basketball in parks, schools and even in factories.
Basketball was invented by a Canadian doctor named James Naismith, who was born in 1861. When he was at college, his teacher asked the class to think of a game that can be played in the winter. Dr. Naismith created a game to be played inside on a hard floor. Dr. Naismith divided the men in his class into two teams and taught them to play his new game. The purpose of the game is for players to get a ball into the “basket”. Players on the same team must work together to help each other get the ball in the other team’s basket. At the same time, they need to stop the competing team from getting the ball into their own basket.
It is believed that on December 21, 1891, the first basketball game in history was played. Then in 1936 in Berlin, it became an event at the Olympics. Today, the popularity of basketball has risen around the world, with many young people dreaming of becoming famous players. Basketball has not only become a popular sport to play, it has also become a more popular sport to watch. Although America’s NBA games are the most famous, the CBA games are becoming popular in China. The number of foreign players, including Chinese players, in the NBA has increased. And there are also more and more foreign players in the CBA. Many young people look up to these basketball heroes and want to become like them. These stars encourage young people to work hard to achieve their dreams.
(1) Students can recognize these new words and phrases: basket, popularity, hero, professional, divide … into, look up to and so on.
(2) Ss can learn about the origination, development and popularity of the basketball.
(3) Ss can understand the passive voice sentences.
(4) According to the mind map about basketball, students are able to retell the passage.
(5) Students can use the passive voice in past tense correctly.
(6) Ss will have a positive attitude towards inventions.
(7) Students’ innovative thinking abilities will be cultivated.
Teaching Key Points:
1. Learn the target language and understand the content of the text.
3. Learn about the origination and development of the basketball and learn to use mind map method.
Teaching Difficult Points:
How to make students understand the passage and use the passive voice in past tense in daily life?
Step 1: Lead-in
1. Greeting to Ss.
2. Show some famous basketball players’ pictures (Yao Ming, Lin Zhizhi, Kobe, and Chris Paul) on the screen, then ask them some questions to lead in the topic of this lesson.
Step 2: Pre-reading
1. According to their responding, work with students to draw a simple mind map. In this way, present some new words (popularity, hero, professional, NBA, CBA, the Olympic, divide…) for the better understanding of the text.
2. According to the topic we talked in Lead-in part and the title of the text, get students to predict the main idea of this passage.